Monday, November 2, 2009

Top 10 Night Before NaNoWriMo Tweets

National Novel Writing Month began on November 1st at 12:01 AM. While publishers and literary agents view this annual event as a 30 day ticking time-bomb destined to set off an unwanted explosion of query letters (most of which took longer to write than the actual books they're pitching), I prefer to see it as a global outpouring of unencumbered creativity (cuz I'm a shameless bullsh*itter) and a great way to while away some of those newly acquired hours of unemployment (cuz I'm also a realist).
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of 'NaNoWriMo' (and to buy the aforementioned agents and publishers some time to delete their Facebook accounts and change their email addresses), I rifled through thousands of 10/31's #nanowrimo tagged Tweets, whittling them down to these, my ten favorites.
Please enjoy.
(Then get back to writing!)

10. loudmouthman: Just think, if I put all the effort I put into twittering into #nanowrimo, I would have a lot of short, rather random chapters.


9. yougottawonder: Will the voice in my head that's telling me I'm not going to be able to write 50k words in 30 days please be quiet? #NaNoWriMo


8. inkwell_bkstr (I'm biased. So what?): All Gandhi did was not eat for a few weeks. #nanowrimo folk are writing a book in 30 days. Eat that Gandhi!!!


7. Babybahamut: My novel notes consist of one written line. That line is "//COMMENT//". :( #nanowrimo


6. TonyNoland: Agents: I am now taking bids for representation for the #nanowrimo I'm about to write.


5. writeranonymous: Are sex scenes an easy way of filling up the word count? #nanowrimo


4. DavidRozansky: There are no #nanowrimo failures, only #nanowrimo experiments.


3. ellejohara: I am so going to need gin for November. Lots of gin.


2. isaprospero: I have four and a half hours to make up a plot.


1. johnayliff: Crap...now I have to write a novel.