Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inkwell Irregulars, Assemble!

Here's an easy post: A list of links to bookish blog posts made by our Inkwell Irregulars. Not only does it save me the time of sorting through an unwieldy assembly of AP articles featuring the words 'book,' 'publisher,' and 'bookstore,' it links you (our beloved blog reader) to them (our other beloved blog readers). Incestuous? Sort of. But this is a cult -- that sort of thing is par for the course.

First up, a book review by Pol Culture's Robert Martin. The book in question is Nate Powell's comic er...graphic novel, Swallow Me Whole -- one of my favorite books of the year, and, quite coincidentally, currently on sale at its publisher's website for a measly $12.95!


California Meaghan knows the secret to capturing her readers' hearts -- giving out free sh*t! This past Sunday, she announced a contest where the prizes are two books, Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have and Secret Society.


More reviews, this time from the sordid, smutty, sensationalistic genre that is romance. Liyana Othman reads so much of the stuff, she has two seperate sites for her reviews! LiyanaLand is her personal blog, while Royal Reviews is a bigger site where she is but one of many sap-happy scribblers.


LiteraturelySpeaking has been having an ongoing argument with her husband about the definition of 'book lover.' LS proudly proclaims to be one, but her hubby thinks the moniker is made moot because she doesn't "like all books." While I hate to poke my nose into the affairs of others (yeah, right!), I've gotta come down on the missus' side here. I consider myself a 'food lover,' but that doesn't mean I don't find the texture of clam sauce a li'l too close to semen for my liking.

Well, that's it for today. If'n you'd like to join our slowly expanding band of backwoods, book-loving belligerents, click here. All we ask is your life-long devotion, adoration, and a firstborn or two.