Monday, September 14, 2009

The Monday Menagerie:
Controversial Classics Given A Manga Makeover

I probably should have tried to bookend this post with something about Sept. 26 - Oct. 3 being Banned Books Week, but regular readers of this site will know that I'm not quite convinced of the all-encompassing, all-accepting nature of some of the free-speech folks solemnizing this self-congratulatory celebration. Instead, I'll just say: The fact that these books exist makes me shake my head and laugh.




Don't forget: Sept. 26 - Oct. 3 is Banned Books Week! Make money and publicly proclaim your store's rebellious nature by making a big deal about how "brave" you are for selling The Catcher In the Rye and (gasp!) Huckleberry Finn. After all, the machine we're raging against is not the cash register.