Thursday, April 2, 2009

Liberal Booksellers Have A New Anti-Kindle Argument!

The Kindle is Conservative!
(Or at the very least, it's the learning tool favored by the far right.)
(Well, at the moment anyway.)
According to Amazon's own bestseller listings, 6 of the top 10 Kindle-ready e-books are either outright conservative (Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto by Mark R. Levin), semi-conservative (Stephenie Meyers' wait-'til-marriage vampires books), or a giant leap back for the women's movement (I was gonna put Steve Harvey's Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man here, but I guess I could just re-list the Meyers' oeuvre, couldn't I?).
The overly-simplistic, semi-jingoistic moral: Electric cars, good. Digital books, bad.

(Tune in tomorrow, when I'll use the Conservatives' fears and an inevitable shift in the bestseller listings to create an anti-Kindle argument for the Right.)